[Gllug] (article) Bogus bobbies raid Kings Cross data centre

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Mon Dec 10 14:19:00 UTC 2007

Dan Fry wrote:

>>> Shampoo?
>
>> I always use liquid soap... helps me make a clean getaway.
>
>> I'll get my coat...
>
> *nod* ;)
> What Datacentre would you prefer?
> We could always just rent a Police Officer Outfit..

Being based in South-London, I've always used my local drug-gang to host
my servers. They're less likely to let half-a-dozen pretend bobbies in
the door - you'd want to disguise yourself as a SWAT team at least. They
  give a good price for the power, but cooling can be an issue with all
the lamps upstairs.

Beware small-time outfits though - they're pretty unreliable. Had a
bunch of hippies flush a 2U server down the loo with nothing more than a
knock on the door...

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd