[Gllug] (article) Bogus bobbies raid Kings Cross data centre

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 13:58:53 UTC 2007

On 08/12/2007, Alex Smith <asmith at asmhosting.com> wrote:
> Think maybe Datacenter's need to look at their security again?

I found the security at the datacentre's at East India Docks pretty
good - to get in I had to call in advance (usually when I was on the
way there from the office in s/w london or on the DLR if I was in a
hurry) which allowed them to verify which customer I was and if I was
authorised for that customer, then they checked my ID at the desk,
then I got a card to access only the room that our servers were at.

On a couple of occasions it could be a bit cumbersome when people
hadn't forwarded messages to the desk or whatever, but given the
choice of a couple of phone calls to sort stuff out versus our servers
(or the network equipment at the hosting centre) going walkies or
being sabotaged I take that.

On the other hand - East India docks is about 3 foot above the thames
and just screams "flood me!"

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk