[Gllug] Asus EEE PC

Dan Stevens (IAmAI) dan.stevens.iamai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 22:30:12 UTC 2007

> Anyone have one?

I have one and it's awesome! I've had all sorts of things running on
it: Ruby, GIMP, Pidgin, TeamSpeak client, XChat and even some game
console emulators (dgen, vba and zsnes). I love the super fast boot
time; it's one of the things that putting me off installing enough
distro despite some of the limitations of the default install. I'm
worried that I'd lose the short boot time if I install another distro.
Although I'm sure it would be possible to streamline another distro to
boot as quick. In fact, I've read briefly of distro specifically for
the EEE.

> How upgradable is it?  Since the 8 GB and (rumoured) 16 GB models
> haven't made it to these shores yet, I think it needs 2 GB of RAM and
> as much flash as it can take.

I've not tried, and I doubt I will do. I'm finding it runs very well
with the stock 512MB

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk