[Gllug] extracting data from specific sites

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Mon Dec 17 10:47:50 UTC 2007

Nevzat Hami wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2007 3:26 AM, Caroline Ford <caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 03:07 +0000, Nevzat Hami wrote:
>>> i want to get some contents from specific sites, and use this contents
>>> in our site which we are developing.
>>>
>> If they want you to use their content they will provide a feed of some
>> sort.
>>
>> Caroline

> if there is no worry about copyright, :-) any ideas how to do it?
>
> nevz@
Hi,

"No copyright worry" implies they are happy for you to copy their
content and have said so. If this is the case then they probably will
have provided an RSS feed for you to use for this purpose. If they
haven't then speak to them and ask them to do so. This assumes of course
they know you are going to use their content on your site and are happy
with that and you have that in writing somewhere.

Also one of the first answers you received said "What are you trying to
achieve". So far your answers haven't been too helpful in that. Can you
give us something a little more detailed than "I want to use their
content on my site" please? It's likely somebody here has undertaken a
similar task and could better assist you if they knew what your task was.

HTH
Ryan
--
Ryan Cartwright