[Gllug] (article) Bogus bobbies raid Kings Cross data centre

Alex Smith asmith at asmhosting.com
Sat Dec 8 13:52:58 UTC 2007

Tethys wrote:
> --------
>
> Alex Smith writes:
>
>> Thing is, it's not just coppers they need to check. When I have to go in
>> there and it's someone new on 9 out of 19 times they don't bother to
>> check and just let you in (Telecity/Redbus).
>
> Telehouse, Redbus, Level 3, it doesn't matter, they're all the same.
> Physical security is lax at all of them. The only place that I've found
> to have better security is Colt, but they're anal to the point of not
> letting you in when you *need* to get in, and have the appropriate
> authorisation.
>
> Tet

Level 3's one of the worst, they just assume if you can open the
front/side door you can go anywhere. I guess it's trying to get the
balance right where you have the access you need while making things secure.

Guess thats where the headache is.

Interxion Brick Lane is reasonable, they have security patrol's who know
exactly where your meant to be and if your not in the right place you
get a 101 questions as to why. Getting in in the first place is a pain
though. I guess that's not really practical somewhere like Telehouse due
to the size and amount of people that go in there.

Oh and I ment to say "9 out of 10 times" not 19... Damn typos.

(On a side note I do think Redbus Sov's eye scanner is an amsuing waste
of time and money... Don't think I have ever seen that working properly)

Alex
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk