[Gllug] [OT] Selling GPL

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Mon Dec 3 19:24:27 UTC 2007

Hi

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> I would love to see you debate that point with the head of the IP
> department at the law firm I used to work for. :)

Lots of people are militantly anti Intellectual Property. They say the
term is deliberately trying to confuse people. I think it's actually
quite a good way to describe the legal codifications of the ownership of
abstract things. Having said that, I think plenty of the implementations
of IP law are utterly stupid, which is partly because a lot of the
concepts are anachronistic.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones