[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

Ben Whyte ben at whyte-systems.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 10:51:19 UTC 2007

Chris Bell wrote:

>    I have noticed a big increase in the number of vehicles with unreadable
> number plates, not just dirty, but small characters, weird fonts, tinted
> surface, and often fitted to a large 4x4 or other up-market car with
> strongly tinted windows.

A situation that could raise so much money for the government if we
actually had sufficient numbers of traffic type police.

As the number plates are all typically illegal, and can result in £60 3
pts for starters.  Also the tinting also often doesnt meet the law
regarding how much light it lets in so we can have another £60 3pts.

Then to top all that off, as discovered by friends who are police
officers, quite often stopping said vehicles can be particularly
profitable in finding criminals, illegal imigrants and all manner of
other desirable things for them.  Including one of my mates, who stopped
someone for not wearing his seat belt, and found out on checking details
that the gentlemen was wanted for murder.

Ben

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk