[Gllug] OT, Petitions

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Mon Feb 26 14:03:13 UTC 2007

Mark Williams wrote:
> On Monday 26 Feb 2007 13:42, Rob Crowther wrote:
>> Another petition of possible interest:
>>
>> http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Open-IT-projects/
>>
>> Rob
> Haven't we already had that one? I see a lot of familiar names in it :)
> (inc. mine)
>
> Mark

I think they are lazy democracy and discredited following the road
pricing petition.

You would think someone in Downing Street would vet them. I'm sure I
could put up a petition saying "I think the PM should make it Christmas
every day."

I think lots of people writing/faxing a reasoned argument (and not all
identical) to lots of MP's and MEP's would be better. My ten cents..

Does the Open Source movement have trained advocates, or lobbyists to
puts its viewpoints across to Government, representatives? I guarantee
M$ have.

regards

Paul Lee
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk