[Gllug] HP Smart array P400 (SAS)

Yashpal Nagar yash at linux-delhi.org
Tue Feb 13 22:31:28 UTC 2007

Hello All

I came across a two HP DL580 G4 boxes with a smart array P400 controller
(SAS) card. This array card does't get automagically detected with SUSE
9.0 during the installation. I have also found the driver diskette image
for that controller on hp website and made a diskette as per their
recommendations (rawrite etc.)

 The problem is there is no internal floppy drive, knowing there are two
USB ports, when i put the USB floppy drive it shows me as a mass storage
device (/dev/sda) and try to read floppy.
when the installation program (linux updates disk or media) try to read
usb floppy it shows me

unknown partition table....

no matter i changed/made many floppies with same image, but problem
still remain the same.

I am sure i am not the first in this planet who came across with this
problem. what i want to know is
How one can provide the driver from USB floppy?

HP has told me a utility called HP USB Key utility which can put a
floppy image/smart array CD to a USB fob that also did't worked.

Could anyone suggest something else?

Regards
Yashpal

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk