[Gllug] New Linux user here ^^

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Feb 23 22:03:40 UTC 2007

On 23 Feb 2007, Ryan Cartwright verbalised:
> Jack Bertram wrote:
>> * paul at ma1.se <paul at ma1.se> [070222 18:00]:
>> Indeed.  I look forward to the long and boring political discussion
>> closing down and a return to normal service.
>
> I second that. I was reminded of the convenience of killing or ignoring
> a thread on usenet. But alas this is a mailing list.

Are we smug Gnus users allowed to point out the lack of any fundamental
difference when using decent software?

Alternatively, something like

# GLLUG mailing list and announcement list funnelled into esperi.list-in.gllug
:0 H:
| $FORMAIL -b -t -d -I "From " -I Newsgroups: -R Received: X-Gateway-Received: -i NNTP-Posting-Host: -i X-Trace: -i X-Complaints-To: -s $INEWS -h -S -O -R -n esperi.list-in.gllug

might work. (Untested conflation of two unrelated rules in my
.procmailrc, YMMV. Needs at least one improvement, truncating overlong
header lines, as the max length allowed in SMTP is twice that allowed in
NNTP...)

--
`In the future, company names will be a 32-character hex string.'
  --- Bruce Schneier on the shortage of company names