[Gllug] [OT] Thinkpads

Sean Tohill S.Tohill at westminster.ac.uk
Wed Feb 14 11:48:40 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Rich Walker wrote:

> Chris Jones <cmsj at tenshu.net> writes:
>>
>> As an X40 owner and working in a linux-laptop-only company that is more
>> thinkpads than anything else, they are generally excellent Linux
>> machines. Well made, good keyboards, but most of all, vendor supported
>> drivers for a lot of hardware and open drivers for most of the rest.
>
> I must admit to being on my second X-series, and I'd buy another if
> pushed.

i like and use the X-series too. i'm on my 3rd, an X24, all have run
debian with no problems. well made, easy to get repaired and if not worth
repairing easy to sell on for spares. got it from one of the box shifters
when it was one of the last couple of a batch that had been going on a few
per day. he put the reserve down as he'd saturated the market with them.

regards

sean