[Gllug] Re: New Linux user here ^^

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Fri Feb 23 09:33:32 UTC 2007

Craig Millar wrote:
> Matthew King wrote:

>>> Bollocks.
>> Well said.

I concur

> As I understood it (and I've not looked into it that deeply to be honest) if
> you want bleeding edge kde, amarok etc (read desktop) stuff under Debian you
> are best off using unstable. Whereas I get the impression that the wait is a
> little less with ubuntu.

I assume you mean the wait for it to "stablise" is less? I had the
impression that Sid gets package updates before Ubuntu simply because
Ubuntu is an attempt to stabilise Sid so it has to wait. It's a little
difficult to compare them though as Ubuntu works on the principle of
releases and Sid does not. That would imply the way you utilise them is
different.
--
Ryan Cartwright
http://www.cafamily.org.uk/oss