[Gllug] Algorithm question

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Tue Feb 27 05:48:04 UTC 2007

On 27 Feb 2007, at 05:38, Greg McCarroll wrote:

> I'm sure there is a better way, but I thought It couldn't hurt to
> suggest
> a whacky one (which may be wrong).

Another general way (which may again be wrong/whacky) would be to take
the set of points A that form the cube and the set of points B that form
the cube and also include the additional point P and calculate the 3D
convex hulls of both sets and compare.

With the notion that if the sets are equal the point P is inside the
solid. The problem with this is it depends on the algorithm whether or
not P is included if it lies perfectly on the surface of the convex
hull of the set of A.

Again, 5:30, not looked at this stuff for ages, yadda yadda,

G.