[Gllug] Job Advert

Iain Gray iain.dv at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:10:55 UTC 2007

No, all comments seemed well intentioned enough and you are absolutely
right about exposing oneself to the extremely strict employment laws.

The thing is - what I'd really like to say is:
"Hey anyone will do - just be a bit competent"

After weeks and weeks of rejecting candidates sent by agencies I put
together 3 questions that I wanted the agency to ask the candidate and
then if they got 2 right then I would be interested in telephone
interviewing the candidate. Obviously they also had to have some shell
scripting and some PL/SQL.

According to 3 BIG agencies in London, after 4 weeks and over 100
candidates, none of them have got 2 out of 3 on these questions.

Here they are. See if you can pass this most fiendish of tests:

1. What port does DNS run on and what protocol does it use?
2. How do you find out the capacity and percentage in use of all
filesystems mounted?
3. How do you find out the disk usage of a directory?

Sigh

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk