{Spam?} Re: [Gllug] Linux on Desktop

TreeBoy gllug at petethetree.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 23:52:01 UTC 2007

On Thursday 01 February 2007 10:24, Juergen Schinker wrote:
> Am Do, 1.02.2007, 01:11, schrieb Jason Clifford:
> > Define better. Better than what?
>
> Microsoft Windows unXPerienced SP2
>
> >> i found a couple of reasons but maybe you got better ideas...
> >
> > What ideas did you already come up with?
>
> i have quiet a lot but i'm still waiting for some new ideas?
>

> but it's hard to keep the Thread ONTOPIC
>
> Juergen

Hi Juergen.

The main reason that I persuaded previous employers (my current employer is
very enlightened despite the response he got on this list) is that I ran and
run Windows in a qemu virtual machine.

Another thing is that you can run the program that a user is having problems
with in a safe environment: e.g. a complete dupe of their current machine!

AND: I can apply patches and *REALLY* rollback.

Those people that don't have Windows crash should consider themselves
fortunate: in environments with more than 250 machines, at least one *will*
fail every single day: it is obviously because of the *bad* drivers, despite
the fact that the other 50 identical machines are having no problems.....

Having said all of that, you really should have suggested to your boss before
doing the dirty deed and you should eat humble pie before going further with
this: and you CAN.

All the best
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk