[Gllug] so after the DNS - Attack

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Feb 7 21:58:30 UTC 2007

On 7 Feb 2007, tethys at gmail.com outgrape:

> On 2/7/07, Juergen Schinker <ba1020 at homie.homelinux.net> wrote:
>
>> Name Server Best Practice
>
> In my experience, the phrase "best practice" in the IT industry
> generally means "mediocre practice that's sufficient to fill a
> management tickbox, but not much use in the real world".

It means `doing what everyone else is doing', which is praiseworthy in
the field it came from (accountancy).

> But yes, I'd probably go along to a UKUUG and/or GLLUG DNS event.

Indeed. I'm woefully clueless about DNS and should brush up on it
(rereading the ORA DNS book is on the cards, it's been ten years plus
and I've forgotten most of it).

--
`In the future, company names will be a 32-character hex string.'
  --- Bruce Schneier on the shortage of company names