[Gllug] Re: New Linux user here ^^

Craig Millar gllug at craigmillar.org
Fri Feb 23 08:44:15 UTC 2007

On 23/02/07 08:33 +0000, Matthew King wrote:
> "Martin A. Brooks" <martin at hinterlands.org> writes:
>
> >> Most of the software is  usally so far behind you have to run in
> >> experimental.
> >
> > Bollocks.
>
> Well said.

As I understood it (and I've not looked into it that deeply to be honest) if
you want bleeding edge kde, amarok etc (read desktop) stuff under Debian you
are best off using unstable. Whereas I get the impression that the wait is a
little less with ubuntu. But then I use a real desktop distro for my desktop
(openSUSE!) and Debian copes marvellously for our servers at work.

Of course I'll be happily corrected.

Craig