[Gllug] Algorithm question

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Tue Feb 27 12:42:11 UTC 2007

"Adrian McMenamin" <adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info> writes:

> Lots of interesting answers, all prompting me (or not) to renew my 25 year
> dead knowledge of matrix mathematics (always wondered why the Cambridge
> maths O level taught all that when it never appeared in any maths done at
> A level or University - now I know).

My bastard of an idiot of a GCSE maths teacher decided it wasn't
important. Instead we did months (and I mean MONTHS) of quadratic and
simultaneous equations, for which I have yet to find a use.

And I know "it's easy", but there's a difference between knowing it's
easy and having done a few hours of the stuff so some things become
ingrained such that they are known intuitively. Now when (if!) I find
the time I read up on this stuff.

To shift vaguely on topic, the idiot was also put in charge of trying to
run the school's network. Most normal people couldn't do this but he is
an utter moron, so he ended up hating me...

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely