[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Thu Feb 22 20:19:25 UTC 2007

Christopher Hunter <chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> I'd just like to be able to keep a reasonable proportion of my
> hard-earned,

Well, as far as anyone can tell, a single person only needs £45-£50 a
week to live on after all housing costs are paid. This must be true,
because it's the Income Support level, and that wouldn't be wrong...

> and not have to support the huge number of government
> "projects" that squander inordinate amounts of money and achieve
> nothing!

To be fair, pork projects are a good way of keeping the employment
figures up.

Now, we might prefer they were *our* GNU/pork - but that's probably our
fault for not having the pork-bidding teams Crapita/MS can bring to bear...

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadowrobot.com/hand/overview.shtml
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk