[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Fri Feb 23 12:52:14 UTC 2007

Chris Bell <chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> writes:

> On Thu 22 Feb, Rich Walker wrote:
>> Christopher Hunter <chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
>>

>> > Also, reported crime figures are dropping because most victims realise
>> > that there's little point in reporting anything to the Police these days
>>
>> Is there *any* way evidence could be gathered for or against this
>> statement? Or is it an imponderable?
>>
> Just try doing it.

Friday, 9pm: phoned police with non-urgent crime report.
Saturday, 9am: called by police admin to check I'd be in later
Saturday, 2pm: police officer phones to introduce himself and arrange
time
Saturday, 4pm: police officer and scene of crime officer arrive. Crime
number provided.

So, that's 100% success at reporting crimes, in one of the busiest areas
of London.

If you've got problems with your local police, can I recommend the PCA?

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadowrobot.com/hand/overview.shtml