[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 18:07:20 UTC 2007

Jack Bertram wrote:
>> Really? You can't afford £3/day - the cost of a one day bus pass on
>> pay-as-you-go oyster? I reckon you'd pay more than that for parking alone.
>
> Not to mention the daily congestion charge.  Hey - even car insurance
> (say £600/year) is £2/day.

Don't forget systems like streetcar - not everyone who drives owns a car
these days, especially in London. Vehicle ownership is expensive, when
you consider road tax, insurance, maintenance, MOT testing, fuel and
depreciation. That's not quite the same as driving being an expensive
form of transport though.

Mike

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk