[Gllug] Open Source Bank

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Mon Feb 5 22:03:30 UTC 2007

Juergen Schinker wrote:
> is there a Bank in London/UK which uses mainly OpenSource
> or supports OpenSource Project simillar to UKFSN ?
>
> ifound out that my Bank(don't ask) uses Microsoft only!^-^
>
> Juergen

Not exclusively, though many financial institutions will run clusters
of Linux servers, in addition to Solaris etc.

A while back I heard RBOS was deploying Zope, and Allied Irish were
migrating to Java Desktop (I'm not sure thats Open Source, but its a
freebie with Solaris) but not heard much more.

Regards

Paul Lee
www.ma1.se
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk