[Gllug] New Linux user here ^^

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Sun Feb 25 19:54:34 UTC 2007

On 25/02/07, John G Walker <johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:07:48 +0000 "Martin A. Brooks"
> <martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:
> > My only point is that, for the large part,  open source produced
> > interfaces _suck_.   That's it.
>
> I'll agree about the suckiness of open source interfaces.
>
> A practical question, then: is it possible to provide a decent user
> interface to the procmail rule given? Or any procmail rule?

It's a pointless debate because procmail rules are more like
configuration, the user interface is provided by the MUA which can be
as user friendly as desired.

So a fairer comparison would be between regedit and procmailrc, but
I'd suggest Windows may still win on user friendliness and Linux would
still win on flexibility.

Pete
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk