[Gllug] so after the DNS - Attack

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 18:09:15 UTC 2007

On 2/7/07, Juergen Schinker <ba1020 at homie.homelinux.net> wrote:

> Name Server Best Practice

In my experience, the phrase "best practice" in the IT industry
generally means "mediocre practice that's sufficient to fill a
management tickbox, but not much use in the real world".

But yes, I'd probably go along to a UKUUG and/or GLLUG DNS event.

Topics I'd like to see covered include "how to get BIND to tell you
why its failing, rather than remaining silent even with debugging
turned up to maximum". Not that I've been bitten by that this week,
you understand. I'd be jumping to djbdns in a flash were it written by
a sane author...

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk