[Gllug] BBC Consultation with Microsoft only question

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Feb 1 08:59:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Alain Williams wrote:

> > There is no DRM mechanism that actually works properly - every iteration
> > of every method is rapidly "broken".  All that DRM does is inconvenience
> > the non-savvy user, and just increase the download overhead for everyone
> > else.  The BBC service should be entirely DRM-free and use a format
> > that's available to users of any platform.
>
> Quite. Tell that to the BBC.

I did although I emphasised the fact that every DRM system ever devices
invariably reduces security on the end user's computer system which over
time can only lead to more systems broken into, etc.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98