[Gllug] [Appallingly OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Tue Feb 20 15:08:02 UTC 2007

Peter Childs wrote:
> On 20/02/07, Caroline Ford <caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> John Hearns wrote:

>> > Bus lanes have a larger packet size too.
>> Fibre optics for the masses!
>>
>> I expect some will still want their own, individual dial-up though.
>> Strange but true.
>>
>> Caroline
>> --
>>

> I would say trains were more like Fibre Optics where as Busses and
> Cars run along standard cables.
>
> I can't quite see why Busses are like TCP, I would say more like UDP:
> You wait ages for 1 and 2 come at once.
>
> Peter..

I've been reading one of the ISP Boards, and the arguments are
remarkably similar to the road pricing row.

One ISP is throwing more Central Pipes at the P2P problem, other users
would just like low latency and good ping times and want the heavy P2P's
stuck on a "sin bin pipe" and traffic managed accordingly.

regards

Paul Lee

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk