[Gllug] Job Advert

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Feb 8 14:27:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, John Winters wrote:

> > 1. What port does DNS run on and what protocol does it use?
>
> 53 - both TCP and UDP.  I'm not sure what you mean by the second part; it
> uses the DNS protocol.

I suspect he meant which transport protocol which you already answered -
udp/tcp.

> The worrying thing is that, even if I hadn't known the answers, I'm sure
> I could have got all that with minimal research on Google.  If I were
> applying for a job I would consider it 3 minutes well spent.

I am about to start a recruiting process and I'll be very happy to see
google-fu demonstrated where the applicant doesn't know an answer off the
top of his/her head albeit I also expect some knowledge without
connectivity.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98