[Gllug] ssh problem doing my head in

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann tom at schutzer-weissmann.net
Thu Feb 1 23:20:12 UTC 2007

On Thursday 01 February 2007 22:49, Tethys wrote:
> Tom Schutzer-Weissmann writes:
> >I cannot ssh from my linux box at one of the places I work. After
> >authentication the thing just hangs.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >I'm stumped! Any suggestions gratefully received.
>
> What does "ssh -v" say on the client?
Exactly the same as what it says when it works, unfortunately. The same with
ssh -vvv, except for the last line which I never get when it's not working:

debug2: channel 0: rcvd adjust 131072

> What does "sshd -d" say
> on the server?

I can't do that on any of the boxes I'm connecting to, except one that was
down today, I'll try it on Saturday.

> How does a tcpdump of a valid session using putty
> compare to one that fails using ssh from a Linux box?

Point taken, I'll try that.
Thanks,

Tom SW