[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Feb 18 10:29:08 UTC 2007

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 11:43:41PM +0000, paul at ma1.se wrote:
> Some interesting stuff here on the people behind these anti road pricing
> emails circulating on mailing lists like this and the Downing Street
> petition. They claim to be the "voice of the driver." Some pretty
> bizarre idea's:
>
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article1398288.ece

I'm quite sure there are a whole range of different opinions behind
this petition.  Just because the Times "journalist"[1] managed to dig
up some dirt about two wackos by looking up their address on the
petition in Google hardly means that their views hold for everyone.  I
for one welcome anything that can be done to reduce carbon emissions
and improve access to public transport.  It's just that road pricing
is a regressive, intrusive and ineffective way to do this.

Rich.

[1] I use the term advisedly because the level of journalism in that
article was below the level of a myspace blog posting.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat UK Limited