[Gllug] mepis (now Ubuntu) wireless error

co at byintelligentdesign.co.uk co at byintelligentdesign.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 09:50:20 UTC 2007

Hi Caroline,
My version of Ubuntu is Edgy apparently. Anyway I tryed to use synapse
to install the package from the disk - it didn't like it. I tryed to
download it (build-essential_11.3_i386.deb) but same effect.

According to synapse3 its not in my packages and:

Package: build-essential

(Install Package button is greyed out)

v 11.1

informational list of build-essential packages
If you do not plan to build Debian packages, you don't need this package.
Moreover this package is not required for building Debian packages.
This package contains an informational list of packages which are
considered essential for building Debian packages.
This package also depends on the packages on that list, to make it
easy to have the build-essential packages installed.
If you have this package installed, you only need to install whatever
a package specifies as its build-time dependencies to build the package.
Conversely, if you are determining what your package needs to
build-depend on, you can always leave out the packages this package
depends on.
This package is NOT the definition of what packages are
build-essential; the real definition is in the Debian Policy Manual.
This package contains merely an informational list, which is all most
people need.
However, if this package and the manual disagree, the manual is correct.

included files:
./
usr/
usr/share/
usr/share/build-essential/
usr/share/build-essential/list
usr/share/build-essential/essential-packages-list
usr/share/doc/
usr/share/doc/build-essential/
usr/share/doc/build-essential/AUTHORS
usr/share/doc/build-essential/copyright
usr/share/doc/build-essential/changelog.gz
usr/share/doc/build-essential/list
usr/share/doc/build-essential/essential-packages-list

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk