[Gllug] [OT] Times Article on ABD was Fighting a virus

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 22:41:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 22:08 +0000, David Damerell wrote:

> How'd I know all "facts" would come from the Department of Some Bloke
> I Met in the Pub?

In person, and privately, I'd name him to you.  It's a name you'd know.

It's certainly not "some bloke in the pub" - it's a man of significant
public standing, and an old friend of my Dad (they went to University
together).  I'm rather more inclined to trust someone I've known since
childhood than the charlatans in Whitehall.

You can be as sceptical as you like, but it doesn't detract from the
facts of the matter.  You can sneer at the "Daily Mail tendency" of some
people, but all the sarcasm in the world isn't going to do you much good
when your home is burgled, you get robbed in the street and get
photographed by a speed camera (all three in the same day happened to
one of my colleagues last week).

Chris