[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 18 02:27:53 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 12:10:45AM +0000, Nix wrote:
> What I find comical is the automated announcers telling you not to do
> all sorts of ridiculous things that nobody sane would ever do. I heard
> recently (at a mainline station) `the riding of motorbikes within the
> station concourse can be dangerous and is illegal.'

I like the "don't get drunk and then try to use the Tube" ones.  The
target audience doesn't know not to get blind drunk then play in
front of tons of fast-moving metal, but it will read safety notices?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/using/useful-info/injuries.asp >
"Alcohol is thought to contribute to approximately one fifth of all
accidents on the underground which illustrates the importance of
taking extra care after having had a drink."

Yeah, OK mum.

Cheers,
Andy