[Gllug] NHS opt out

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 23:41:55 UTC 2007

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Dr David Reed wrote:
>> Mike is absolutely right on this. If you can't get insurance, you
>> can't buy any property, unless you have so much money that you don't
>> need a mortgage.
>
> Not true.
>
> I'm in the process of buying a house, I'm getting a mortgage, life
> insurance is not required for me to do so.

Which isn't the point - there are plenty of valid reasons for wanting
life insurance other than mortgages. The story I quoted was a specific
instance, but the point is more general. Even in that specific instance,
the life policy was sought to offer financial security for the
gentleman's wife and children in the event of his death, IIRR.

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk