[Gllug] Re: Abit NF7

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 07:54:02 UTC 2007

john gennard wrote:
> Many thanks to all who tried to help with my problem.
> Nothing suggested has worked, so I'll have to accept
> that the mobo is useless.
>
> I'm responding in one email to reduce the number of
> messages.
>
> Firstly, I did have speakers hooked up, but got no beeps.
> As the Manual, which I had found and downloaded, made no
> mention of beep codes, I assumed this facility was not
> available. Additionally, the case I'm using has no small
> speaker.

Just as a point to note - POST beep codes are emitted through the PC
speaker connector on the motherboard. You will not hear them from
speakers connected to the sound card or integrated sound chip. So, if
your case lacks a PC speaker and you want beep codes, you need to get
one (even if only a temporary setup).

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk