[Gllug] Planning for FOSDEM, on a shoestring.

Colin Murphy colin at spudulike.me.uk
Wed Jan 3 22:38:29 UTC 2007

That time of year is rapidly approaching for www.fosdem.org/2007/

I am planning to go by coach for £33 and stay at a hostel for £21.54.  That's
return trip and for two nights stay.

The coach I plan on getting is the overnight, leaving on Thursday 21.30 from
Victoria to arrive at Brussels 0600.  This gives me time to do stuff in
Brussels before the 'Main Event' of the trip, the pub do on the Friday
evening.  There is also a coach that leaves 08.15 on the Friday to arrive
16.45.  The return is 22.45 on the Sunday to arrive 0600 at Victoria.

The hostel, the Jacques Brel, is close enough to the Grand Plas to walk to and
from and on the tram line to the University for the meeting.  John Southern
is also planning to stay at the same hostel.  The hostel stay is more fun the
bigger the group you have - in years past we had a group of about 8 and so
got a decent sized dorm to ourselves.  It was a laugh!

Does anyone else want to share in these plans, coach and/OR hostel?  I am
happy to sort out a group booking for the hostel, but I would want to be
making those reservations soon, possibly even by Friday 5th Jan.

Any takers?

Colin at spudulike.me.uk
Gotta go, things to be, people to do, and stuff to, err, stuff.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk