[Gllug] NHS opt out

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Wed Jan 24 21:12:05 UTC 2007

Christopher Hunter wrote:
>> Not true.
>>
>> I'm in the process of buying a house, I'm getting a mortgage, life
>> insurance is not required for me to do so.
>>

>  and all have "recommended" (read: "demanded") life insurance.

Mortgage contracts are very carefully worded legal documents.  If one
said "recommended" then I'd read "recommended" and not "demanded" or any
other word.

>  They want to be sure they're going to get their money if you get run over by a bus!

You appear not to understand mortgages.  If I get run over by a bus and
my partner can't keep up payments _they get the house_ plus the vast
amount of the money we've already paid them.  It's actually almost
entirely in their interests for me to drop dead and for Lynda to default
on the house forcing her to sell it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk