[Gllug] Chip & pin - the specs

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 02:18:06 UTC 2007

Further to the discussion on this list a while back of Chip & Pin, a
recent article on The Register[1] led me to the standards body which
defines the specification these cards and readers adhere to, EMVco:

http://www.emvco.com/

There's quite a lot of information here, including the full specs,
details of interoperability issues and other interesting documents.

I haven't given them more than a cursory glance, and probably won't read
any of them, but maybe they're of interest to some members of the list?

[1] http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/05/pin_terminal_tetris_hack/