[Gllug] UKFSN

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Jan 19 13:15:03 UTC 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 salsaman at xs4all.nl wrote:

> Yeah great, yet another scheme that only pays money to students. Just
> like Google. I guess it's a good thing, but what about the FOSS
> programmers who aren't lucky enough to be students, and are struggling
> to feed and house themselves ?

The amount involved will just about give a student a reasonable amount of
money to cover the basic cost of living. Others are very unlikely to be
able to get by on that small an amount.

Also students have an excuse not to have a job. :)

I know exactly what it's like to work on Free Software projects of one
type or another to the exclusion of being able to work for others. I am
not unsymathetic to the issue however UKFSN only has a limited amount of
money for this. If it is to be used to pay people a decent wage otherwise
I think I should be 1st in the queue.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98