[Gllug] Re: Is it possible to get an Oyster card ...

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Mon Jan 15 18:11:36 UTC 2007

- Tethys wrote:
> On 1/15/07, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to get an Oyster card without the privacy-sucking
>> requirements to give them all your personal details?
>
> Yes, but you need to be careful about it. You can pay cash for an
> unregistered card at a ticket office, and then ensure you only ever
> charge it up with cash. The only downside is that you can't get a
> monthly or annual season ticket on an unregistered card.
>
> Tet

Isn't this all a bit paranoid and futile, bearing in mind you are on
security cam, on just about every stage of the London Transport System
anyway including the bus? Though you could wear a disguise (or be a
hoodie) ;o)

I ride a bike, but then I'll be on a traffic cam somewhere and Big
Brother I suspect is toying with licencing cycles!

regards

Paul Lee
www.ma1.se
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk