[Gllug] ADSL2 router help / recomendation

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 00:37:00 UTC 2007

On Tue 23 Jan, Simon Perry wrote:

> If not I would appreciate suggestions for an ADSL2 router that will
> allow me to present a public IP to my IPcop box. Or as a radical
> departure handle the ADSL2, VPN, firewall etc to replace the IPcop maybe
> a Billion 7402R2?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Simon

   I am using a HiPoint AWR-2440 ADSL2+ with 125Mbps (802.11g+) wireless
plus 4 port fully configurable ethernet bridge router which appears to have
everything including the kitchen sink. It requires an IP address to be
allocated via the LAN clients page before entering the Port Forwarding page
to vary the NAT configuration, but specifies PPPoA, PPPoE, self-learning
Transparent Bridging (IEEE 802.1D), VPN Pass Through (PPTP, L2TP) and loads
more. Based on a TI-AR7WRD chipset, it has not moved from 8128Kbps
downstream, 448Kbps upstream, just over 1 mile from the local exchange.

HiPoint is a 3ADL brand name, http://www.3adl.com

--
Chris Bell