[Gllug] EU council streaming petition

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Tue Jan 2 11:57:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Alain Williams wrote:

> The UK may go some way to something like that. The report into UK copyright
> talked about allowing a few things ... however the Govt (of all colours)
> have a reputation for not doing the bits of white papers that they don't like.

And the current govt. have a history of listening very closely to the
media industry who, due to the govt.'s use of populist media figures for
self-promo, have a very strong voice and lots of money (not that I'm
suggesting that you can buy what you want from phony tony - I don't need
to).

Papers mean nothing however as the law is currently otherwise.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98