[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

Juergen Schinker ba1020 at homie.homelinux.net
Mon Jan 15 23:26:43 UTC 2007

Am Mo, 15.01.2007, 22:56, schrieb Martin A. Brooks:

> You're scanned _with_ knowing, that's the entire point.  If you don't
> like that, feel free to pay the completely anonymous cash fares instead.

no you can be scanned without knowing-you don't know how far the radio
frequency reaches - you don't know how far special equipment can scan you

>>> i don't like RFID because it's hard to control
>>> i don't like to wear a tag - to be identified
>
> Then don't, it's your choice, no-one is forced to use Oyster.  It's
> simply cheaper and more convenient for those who are less
> paranoid^Wprivacy conscious.

it's not so easy my humble friend - i was talking about RFID as a phenomenon
not Oyster

the future can/will look like this

RFID on every Produkt like food etc.
or much worse :shoes (i seldom change my shoes when i'm out of house)
even worser RFID in the body (e.g. stomach)

it will hardly be possible to avoid this technique
and only a scanner will show you where they are ....

ok i'm paranoid but i need a scanner

so
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk