[Gllug] [petition] Publically funded free software

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 22 22:55:14 UTC 2007

On Mon 22 Jan, Matthew East wrote:

> Saw this petition on the Ubuntu-uk list, which I think is quite
> interesting/worthy. I recently noticed the Prime Minister's office
> replying to one of these petitions in a positive fashion so it might be
> worth a look.

   I have attended two discussion meetings organised by the Prime Minister'a
Office about the use of Open Source Software, then the government took
advice from BG and M$ on running things like web portals and other IT
services. Educational establishments are asked not to jump to Vista, but the
window is effectively held closed to OSS. Lip service does not mean action.

--
Chris Bell