[Gllug] Debian Etch & apt/aptitude & apt-proxy-v2

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 16:30:26 UTC 2007

Hello,
   Can someone please point me in the right direction.
   I have been using an old box running apt-proxy on sarge, then
apt-proxy-v2 to provide a partial mirror of the Debian binary distributions
for at least a couple of years. I have even been using it together with
another old box running jigdo to build the etch "testing" ISO images, but
all recent attempts at doing the same for etch have failed so far. Apt-proxy
does not mirror any source packages, only binaries. It appears to be still
working for local boxes that are still running sarge, the soon to be
replaced stable distribution.
   I now get errors trying to access Release.gpg and "connection refused"
even for 127.0.0.1 so I have tried upgrading the apt-proxy box to "etch" and
doing a fresh installation of etch on to a new box. I can see the file
/var/cache/apt-proxy/debian/dists/etch/Release.gpg and it has been
re-fetched within the last couple of days.

--
Chris Bell