[Gllug] TFT Monitors

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Jan 11 00:43:08 UTC 2007

On 9 Jan 2007, Mike Brodbelt verbalised:
> Nix wrote:
>> A lot of binary modules are also immense monstrous lumps outmassing all
>> the rest of the kernel put together: this has detrimental effects on
>> icache hit rates and thus, er, slows the kernel down.
>
> A lot of in general, or nVidia in particular :-)

It is definitely the worst case. I dunno what they're doing in there
but surely there's no excuse for keeping *that* much code in kernel
space to support one frigging video card.

--
`He accused the FSF of being "something of a hypocrit", which
 shows that he neither understands hypocrisy nor can spell.'