[Gllug] EU council streaming petition

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Jan 2 06:38:22 UTC 2007

Kristian Rink wrote:
> access these information, nothing is likely to change. To make a
> difference, our only option is to express the fact that by choice we are
> using a different platform and that, talking about public interests, we
> demand to have legal, full, guaranteed access to these information using
> the platform of our choice. Everything else is a mistake IMO

Now that's an excellent argument, and I would have cheerfully signed a
petition asking for that, assuming I haven't already.

A better target for this would be another publically funded body, the
BBC.  For one they've already shown the technical will and ability to do
this: they made certain live radio streams available as Ogg Vorbis.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk