[Gllug] Abit NF7

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Jan 2 10:59:46 UTC 2007

john gennard wrote:

>     I've concluded (with little real knowledge) that
> either the board or the CPU is u/s. How does one establish
> that? Before giving up, I wonder if there is something I
> have not tried which I should have. Why do I get nothing
> on the monitor (not even gibberish)? Can anyone please
> suggest why the monitors show nothing or what could I try.

I assume you have a keyboard plugged in?
(In this case recommend a PS2 keyboard - USB may be disabled somehow).
Do the lights flash when the system is powered up?
If so, does the NumLock light toggle on and off when you press
Num Lock?

Have you tried a different power supply?

Next thing to do is Google for "beep codes" for your motherboard.
You may be able to hear it making some squeaking noises, which when
decoded, give a fault code.

You can also

--
      John Hearns