[Gllug] Abit NF7

john gennard joney at clara.co.uk
Tue Jan 2 10:12:56 UTC 2007

	On 23rd December, I asked for advice regarding
the above mobo given to me, and I got the advice I then
needed.

	Over the holiday, I decided to build, but now
I think the board may be u/s. I carefully assembled
everything, keeping things simply - a floppy drive,
a combo DVD/CD writer, one stick of 512Mb DDR and one
large hard drive.

	Attempting to boot, I get power through tke
board (all fans start and power indicators on the board
itself light up). The drives spin and seem to 'seek'.

	However, I've no idea how far the booting goes
as the monitor stays blank (I've tried two monitors and
two gaphic cards, one AGP and one PCI). I've cleared the
CMOS with all power off (including the battery). I've
tried with and without memory. I may be entering BIOS,
but I can't tell without vision.

	I've concluded (with little real knowledge) that
either the board or the CPU is u/s. How does one establish
that? Before giving up, I wonder if there is something I
have not tried which I should have. Why do I get nothing
on the monitor (not even gibberish)? Can anyone please
suggest why the monitors show nothing or what could I try.

Regards,

John.

P.S. I've just realised I've not considered a dead mobo
battery. Would that cause these problems, I wonder.