SPAM-LOW-DAMMIT.Re: [Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Wed Jan 17 00:33:15 UTC 2007

"Russell Howe" <rhowe at siksai.co.uk> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 11:56:14PM +0000, Matthew King wrote:
>> Can one go up to a window and ask for a one-day oyster-card which can
>> then be thrown away (or recycled) when the day is over?
>
> You pay a £3 (?) deposit, refundable upon return of the card, so
> assuming you return the card when done with it, I don't see why not.

That rather defeats the object of a throw-away card then. When I have
used public transport my journey usually finished at the end of a piddly
little bus route out in the sticks, often quite late at night, and a
refund would not be possible.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child," for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely