[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 13:28:38 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 12:26:31PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:

> > You're scanned _with_ knowing, that's the entire point.  If you don't
> > like that, feel free to pay the completely anonymous cash fares instead.
>
> Ah well, now there's a point.  Why are the cash fares so expensive
> now?

Trying to get everyone to adopt oyster. Since the difference is much greater
than any cost savings I suspect that there is another agenda in play.

I note that the banks have recently been hit: when you go overdrawn they were charging
more than the cost of generating the letter/... Some obmudsman or other said that they
were not allowed to do this. I wonder if we should make a complaint against london transport
along the same lines -- force them to bring the price down.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/